Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBAW Wednesday Treasure

BBAW

For Book Blogger Appreciation Week, today's theme is "...share with us a book or genre you tried due to the influence of another blogger. What made you cave in to try something new and what was the experience like?"

book coverA book I tried because another blogger liked it so well is The Gentlemen's Conspiracy by Nick Daniels.

I enjoy historical suspense novels, but I thought this novel might possibly be "point-driven." As in, the whole reason an author wrote a novel was to Make A Point and making that point drives the novel. But this novel sounded interesting, so I was wobbling on the fence until another blogger reviewed it and gave this novel a very enthusiastic review.

I'm glad I gave this book a chance. I didn't have anything to worry about as it's a well-written character-driven story. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'd recommend it to both men and women.

3 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

My sons say I'm running out of genres to try. Always fun to read something new that we know at the outset's going to be good. Puts you in the right mood.

fredamans said...

This sounds like a book I would really fall into reading too. Great post!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/09/bbaw-day-4.html

Debbie said...

Sheila,

Well, there are only a limited number of genres, so I suppose that's true for everyone to some degree. ;) I agree it's fun to read something new which you know is going to be good.

fredamans,

Thanks. I'm always happy to know when I've helped to match up a book and reader. :)